Monday, March 5, 2012

Orange County

Had a fun trip with Marion & family down to Orange County today.  We met a friend there and spent time in some of the antique stores that are in the old downtown area.  Since this is the area I grew up in, yet haven't lived there for many years, it was fun reminiscing  - and seeing how much everything has changed!

I was especially fascinated by some of the large old trees that were growing in the area.  I had to stop and take a picture of a couple of them. They were just too interesting.  Look at how big and gnarled these trunks are!



I'm sure they were there when I was growing up, but I probably didn't pay any attention to them. They probably weren't nearly as big, either!  I hadn't taken my good camera with me so my iphone had to do the trick.  I think they turned out pretty well considering.

After we finished checking out the antiques stores and driving through some of the older neighborhoods we stopped to eat and wait for the traffic to slow down before heading home.  Neither the service, or the food at the restaurant was any good.  Oh well, just a small glitch in a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you finding the food isn't as good in a restaurant these days Jan? Seems it's World wide... XXXj

Janis said...

Hi John. I do notice that restaurant food isn't that great anymore. I almost always feel as though I paid too much and could have done a better job myself! You notice the same thing also? Hmm, do you think maybe it's just us??