Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another Classic

So this time the classic movie we went to see at the theater was My Fair Lady.  I'm not sure how this came about, but this is a movie that I've never seen before. I did, however, recognize all of the songs in it that were sung!  In fact, several times during the movie I found myself thinking, "so that's where this song came from."

I'm not really a fan of musicals, but I did enjoy it.  I think seeing it in the theater on the big screen was what made it interesting to me, and if I had only watched it at home on the television I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it that much.

I didn't realize it was such a long movie, and it even had an intermission in the middle of the showing.  How long has it been since movies had intermissions?  The last one I remember was Gone With the Wind.  Now that would be a great classic to watch at the theater!

According to the announcement at the beginning of the movie, there has been major interest in bringing back the classics to the theaters.  Most of the movies that I'm interested in watching are the old classics so it sounds interesting to me. This theater has a whole lineup of classic movie nights that are on their calendar.

I'm sure there are many movies that I won't want to see, but it'll be fun to go watch some of the really good classics when they show up on the big screen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

REMEMBER WHEN WE WENT TO THE HALLOWEEN PARTY AT THE VILLAS AND I WORE A MATERNITY SMOCK WITH A SIGN THAT SAID I SHOULD HAVE DANCED ALL NIGHT, THATS WHERE I GOT THE IDEA BFF

john415 said...

The old ones are the best Jan - Just look at me ha ha - Love you XXXj