Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Casablanca

Had an enjoyable evening tonight.  After just explaining in the last post that I'm not interested in many movies - what did I do?  I went to see a movie tonight!  I know, I contradict myself.  This wasn't just any movie, though, and when I heard about it, I really wanted to see it on the big screen.

So, the hubby and I went to a "one time" (in our area, anyway) showing of Casablanca.  It is the 70th anniversary of the debut of the movie so there was a special showing at the theatre.  Now I've seen this movie a lot of times, in fact, I have a DVD of it.  It's just that watching it in the theatre on the big screen was really enjoyable.  It felt like watching it for the first time!  It was good!

I didn't think there would be many people there, however, there was a pretty full house.  Yes there were many "oldsters" watching it, yet, there were quite a few "youngsters" in the audience also.

All-in-all, it was a really fun time.  If you ever get the chance to go see it on the big screen, I'd definitely recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SAW IT WHEN IT WAS NEW...DOES THAT MEAN I AM OLD? bff

john415 said...

Marion, your a one you are... Still, I remember it first time round as well...Hmmm we're a pair of old Fogies ha ha...

Jan, I can't keep up with your Blogs lately - has Spring struck in your part of the World.... Every time I look, you have a new blog ha ha...

Mind you I love reading them.. Keep up the good work Jan... Love you loads XXXj