Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rainy Saturday

As predicted, it did rain for most of the day today (Saturday).  It was also very windy.  By evening a lot of the rain had cleared up but it was (and still is) very windy.  These afternoon clouds look pretty dark, though  I haven't seen any of that predicted snow yet!


Since I couldn't work on a garden like I had planned, I decided to do some baking.  I decided to make cinnamon raisin bread from a recipe that I really like.  I actually didn't have any raisins but I had a package of craisins so I used them instead.  The recipe makes two large loaves of bread.

It's just about ready with the first rise
There's just something about baking on a cold winter day!

The finished product

After dinner, we just had a slice or two of the bread for dessert, no need for anything else.  It also makes really good french toast!  Here's what it looks like when you cut into it.  Lots of cinnamon, brown sugar, and craisins!


The rain has let up for now but it's supposed to start in again sometime during the night and continue all day Sunday, so I don't think I'll be getting any of that gardening done this weekend!  I do have a couple of books from the library though, so I'll probably spend Sunday enjoying one of them.

Baking and reading are two of my favorite things to do on cold, rainy days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep it away from me...blood sugar rising just like the dough, just from looking at it.
your chicken stock was awesome, threw in some egg noodles and we all had it for dinner, hoping it makes lester well. delious!!!! BFF

john415 said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...... I can smell it from here.... XXXj