Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Phantom

Yes we did wake up to more snow, however, it didn't stick around very long and was pretty much melted by 11:00. See yesterday's post if you are confused! The cold temperatures have stuck around though.

After working the morning shift at the church today I spent the afternoon with Marion watching the movie "Phantom of the Opera."  I really enjoyed it.  I had gone, many years ago, to see the stage production of it, and really enjoyed that live version.  The movie was somewhat different from the stage production though.  There were some added scenes which explained a little more about the phantom, and they helped me to better understand the story.  The live version modeled more after the book though, which didn't include those details.  At least that's my take on it after reading a synopsis of the book.  I hadn't given it any thought before now, however, I think I'm going to check out the book from the library, if I can find it.  I think I'd enjoy reading it.

Of course, one of the best things about the "Phantom of the Opera" is the music.  After watching it today I had to get out my ipod and hear the "Phantom" music.  Really great music, and it has to be turned up really loud!  Can anyone listen just once?  I know I can't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, lovely stuff snow, better if you have it than us though.... Those loaves look nice and yummy... I tried scoring and mine didn't work either... I understand to get really crusty loaves you have to spray water into the oven occasionally throughout the cooking... Of course you can't do that with a bread maker...
Lovely to see you back again safely... Glad you enjoyed the Phantom... It's beautiful music as well.... Talk to you soon, love you XXXj