Friday, February 10, 2012

Random Quilting Information

I just discovered a quilting blog that is really full of quilting ideas.... and is written by a man who loves to quilt. He is a young working dad with 3 young kids.  Both him and his wife, who is a full time student, like to quilt.  I know that there are some men who like to quilt so that isn't too unusual, but I still haven't figured out how such busy parents find so much time to quilt when I sure don't get that much done!  And I have lots of time.... which I must be using wrong!

At any rate, I'm going to start working on a few more projects, including a throw for myself for in the evenings when I sit and read and want to stay cozy. In all the quilts that I've made, I realized that I've never made one for myself!  I also have a couple of ideas for birthday gifts for granddaughters.  One idea came from granddaughter Kayla when she was telling me what she wanted for her birthday, when it comes around.  I just have to look for a pattern that will work, which I haven't found yet.

I was planning on looking yesterday, and I had gone into Joanne's to look at their quilt books because there was a special 20% discount for the day, and I thought I might find something.  Unfortunately there wasn't much of anything left on their shelves.  Our local Joanne's is building a new store which is almost finished, and I'm not sure why, but they are liquidating their old store instead of moving the stock, and it has cleared out quickly. I couldn't believe that there was nothing in the quilting section.  They just began advertising and I thought it wouldn't clear out so fast.  There is only one store up here and I didn't want to drive 50 miles yesterday to go to another Joanne's so I will have to find more discounts later when the new store opens.  That won't be until the beginning of March.  I guess that isn't too far away.  Besides, I'm sure they will have lots of sales for the grand opening - and all that brand new merchandise!  It will be fun!

Meantime I'm going to make some of the "wonky" squares for my throw.  I have plenty of scrap strips for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

remember the eye dr i went to in garden grove? he quilted and his office was full of quilted wall hangings. they were very pretty.
ironic how different we are, i cant do anything creative, but im a master at time management, youre totally creative, but a terrible procrastinator....guess we balance each other out.
put us together and you either have a perfect person, or the worlds biggest catasrophe....m