Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home Again

Yeah, we are finally back home!  Enjoyed the visit with kids and grandkids, but it is good to be back.  We drove home on Saturday and have been busy recuperating for the last couple of days.  The cat is glad we're back too, judging from the constant loud meowing directed at us!

It was a cold, rainy day today so I decided to bake some bread to help warm things up a bit. I made some potato bread which was really quick and easy.  It rises very quickly and bakes up fast also.  The recipe said it would make one loaf but there was way too much dough for that so I split it in half and made two big loaves.  I don't know where they got the idea for only one loaf!


I tried to score the top of one, but as you can see, it didn't work out well.  So I didn't even try to score the second loaf.  It tastes very yummy!

Later this evening I opened the front door and was surprised to see snow.  I hadn't even noticed when it started.


Not too much, but it is cold enough that there might be more in the night.


And this ought to leave a nice puddle in the garage!  Well, we'll see if we wake up to more snow in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep that bread away from me, it looks delious, could raise my blood sugar over the roof.
wish i could eat a whole loaf with a pound of butter.
ok, make a pot of tea, im on my way over. m