Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Owl Quilts

Just a quick post to show the pictures of the owl quilts that I made for granddaughters Kayla and Marissa.  I made them for Christmas, however, I never did get the finished pictures posted.  So wanted to show how they turned out.  The girls weren't expecting quilts from me and were very surprised on Christmas when they opened them up.

Both girls tell me they use their quilts all the time.  I'm glad they enjoy them.

Kayla's quilt.



And Marissa's quilt.



3 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, I am owling with laughter here, seriously, they are very lucky girls to have such lovely quilts... You are very clever Jan... Maybe you should do it for a job...

The Winter here has come with a vengeance now - deep snow and sub zero temperatures, lasting for another 2 weeks according to the forecast... If you tell me that it is 70F over there I will go in a corner and cry ha ha

Love you XXXj

Janis said...

Hi John, Thank you for the compliment. I do enjoy making quilts. Steve likes my Raggedy Ann dolls and thinks I should make them and sell them! Putting on the hair is a lot of work, though!

We do still have cold weather, though it has warmed up some. We aren't nearly as cold as you are, though. I wouldn't want your cold weather, though I do like that you get more rain than us. I miss the rain and overcast skies. We get very little of that.

I hope your temperatures warm up some for you.

Take care.

marion said...

THE PICTURES DONT DO THEM JUSTICE, BEAUTIFUL !!!!