Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Weather?

Our usual summer weather is hot, dry, sunny, and in the late afternoon, windy.  We can pretty much always depend on this for the whole three months (at least) of summer.  The heat doesn't normally slow down until sometime in September, or even well into October. After all, we do live in the desert, and as they say, "but it's a dry heat."

So it's been really hard to figure out why we have had at least a month of really cloudy, muggy, humid, though still hot, weather.

Now I'm sure that, to those living in the really humid areas, our little bit of moisture would be a welcome change, but we are just a little confused by it.

I kind of like it myself.  It's a different kind of summer and I'm enjoying the change of pace. Actually, today really changed direction and we ended up with some rain with those clouds. A lot of rain!



It really came pouring down for quite awhile and flooded lots of streets.

The only problem was the thunder.  Of course Schultz was scared and wouldn't leave my side.  I put his thunder shirt on, but it still doesn't seem to help him.

Thunder shirt on, tongue hanging out, and right by my side!

Still, it was a nice change, and the weather reports say there will be more of the same tomorrow!

2 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, welcome to the funny weather... We've had a mostly wet summer this year... Apart from a few days of sun, it's been rain and floods for months... It rained last Wednesday and the main roads around the town were flooded and traffic was stuck for an hour or two... We had to cancel the sewing evening.... Today it's supposed to be the hottest day of the year at 30C (we'll see)... Then I expect it will be back to the rain again... I hope you enjoy the change of pace - talk to you soon, love you XXXj

john415 said...

Jan I just looked at my daily weather records and we have only had 15 days since Jan 1st that were over 77F (25C)- no wonder it felt like a poor summer, and we also broke a lot of records for the wettest months... Love to all, XXXj