Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Will Be Here Soon

Today the weather is back to - much - cooler, and fall-like.  I think, this time though, that fall might actually be settling in.  In fact, there is talk of cold windy rain during the week. This sounds about right, as usually by the time Halloween night arrives, it's nice and cold for all the little trick-or-treaters who are outside collecting all their goodies!

Last Halloween I made all of the grandkids candy bags, which are posted here.  They were fun to make and I would have enjoyed making another project for this year, however, I didn't really find anything that I thought would work.  So instead I put together some goodie bags filled with candy, pencils, cute erasers, pumpkin straws and more, to give them. I didn't have nearly as much fun putting them together, but I'm sure the grandkids will have fun opening them up!  I got them sent off yesterday.

Tomorrow I'm going to take granddaughters Kayla & Marissa to the local pumpkin patch, always a fun place to visit.  Then when we get back from the pumpkin patch I'll give them their goodie bags to take home.  They will be back over for trick-or-treating on Halloween so I can get pictures of them in their costumes.

Meantime, since the weather has been so nice and cool I wanted to make some more soup for dinner tonight.  I decided on something a little different, though really good (at least I think so).  It's my version of the Olive Garden italian sausage soup. I have worked on the recipe over the years and have learned how to put together a fairly tasty soup.  Looks good, doesn't it?


I can't help it, when the weather turns cold and cloudy, I just have to make soup!


1 comment:

MARION said...

blessed grandchildren, to have you for a grammy...no wonder they love you so much!!!! BFF