Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Bags

After spending Wednesday morning at my volunteer receptionist job at the church, I came home and got busy working on some projects to send to grandkids in Utah.  I wanted to make some "trick or treat" bags that the kids could use every year.  I had an idea of what, and how, I wanted to make them.  I wasn't sure about what sizes to cut the material pieces though, as I didn't want the bags to be too big.  They don't need that much candy!

Anyway, I got out my material and sewing equipment and just made an educated guess on size.  I got busy working, and I had the first bag put together within a couple of hours.


I thought it turned out pretty well.  I hope it looks fairly Halloween-e.  When I went into JoAnns to pick out material they didn't have much left in Halloween patterns.  That's what I get for procrastinating!  I have had this idea in mind since the beginning of October!

After finishing the first bag I recalculated some of the material sizes that I thought needed to change, and began to work on the second bag.

After cutting the material pieces I thought it would have too much orange but when It was finished I decided I liked the colors.


By the time I was ready to make the third, and final, bag I had the cutting and sewing down to a science. I don't think it took me much more than an hour and I was finished with the last one.


Here is a picture of what the inside of the bags look like.  They have plenty of room for lots of candy!


So this morning I put a starter bag of candies in each one and sent them off to the grandkids. Here is a picture of the three of them waiting to be packed up and sent.


As I was packing them up to send I did notice that I had made a mistake when putting one of the bags together. So I have a puzzle question for today. After looking at the above picture of all three bags together can you pick out the mistake?

Should I make it a contest and the winner gets one of my homemade bags?

2 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, I have looked at the bags and I have failed.... I couldn't see any mistakes... Perhaps you shouldn't have said anything ha ha...

I thought that it was a good idea... We don't do Halloween over here anything like you do over there... Now I have said that we will be overwhelmed ha ha...

How is Steve by the way, I haven't heard anything about him lately Jan....

Talk to you soon... XXX

Janis said...

Hi John, I didn't notice the mistake very easily myself. If you look close, the one to the left, with all the bats on the bottom. The bats are all flying upside down! On the other side of the bag, they are flying right. Don't know how I missed that one.

Steve is doing good, just has been busy with his project. I don't complain, it keeps him occupied!