Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Marion's Birthday

On Sunday we had a birthday get together for Marion. It was a nice day so we decided to barbeque. Jason and his girls came over, along with Jennifer and her girls.

Marion and family got here at about 3 O'clock.  While finishing up dinner preparations, everyone spent time visiting.  Of course the girls were busy visiting and playing, inside and outside.  Finally, it was time to sit down and eat.

After our dinner of hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and baked beans, the girls kept wanting the most important part of the meal. So we brought out the cake and ice cream!


They were all waiting for a chance at that yummy cake, so I left to go get the candles.


I should never have left all those girls alone with Marion!  Such silly faces!


Hmm, I wonder whose idea this was??

I finally got the candles on the cake and lit them. First though, we had to get all those faces and fingers cleaned up! After we sang "happy birthday" Marion was all ready to blow the candles out.  I didn't want her to have to work very hard, so I only put two of them on the cake.


Marion tried hard, however she was too exhausted from all that silliness with the girls. Her "real son" sitting on her lap didn't help any either!


So Derek had to help blow them out, which didn't make her very happy!


She wanted to blow them out herself!!  Doesn't look like Derek minded helping out, though!
He tried to console her with a kiss, however that just grossed out the girls who all hollered EEEEWWWW!


Finally, Lester had to come in and console Marion.  That seemed to help.



Such a silly, fun day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU JAN, FOR THE BEST BIRTHDAY IVE EVER HAD! WHO WOULD THINK TURNING 65 COULD BE SO MUCH FUN....I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY, IM SO BLESSED TO BE IN THIS FAMILY.

LOVE MARION

john415 said...

Wow, good photo's... That cake really looked nice.. I had to laugh at the faces - as Jan said I wonder who's idea that was, you Birthday Girl you!
I have that number of candles on my cake - mainly because Barbara says I act like a two year old ha ha... Seriously - I'm glad you all had a wonderful day, wish we had been there as well...
Love you all.. XXX