Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

The ghosts and goblins have come and gone, Halloween all finished for this year.  I was worried that I wouldn't have enough candy, but my worries were definitely unfounded.  It seems every year we get fewer trick-or-treaters.  This year was really quiet.  We did have some intermittent groups and I did pass out about half of the candy that I had available. That's way down from years past.  I don't know where all of the trick-or-treaters are going, but they seem to have found other places to get their goodies.  Or maybe Halloween just isn't as popular as it used to be.

Among the trick-or-treat groups who did come to our door there were some really cute costumes, though.  Lots of little princesses, Darth Vader's, Spidermen, and even a jailbird or two.

Kayla and Marissa went out trick-or-treating in the neighborhood and came back with quite a haul.  They were dressed up nicely as a cat and a witch - a cute witch of course.


All the rest of the grandkids in Utah got together at Kevin & Jesi's house.  I received a picture of them all together after their trick-or-treating.  I enjoy the pictures, but I sure do miss them all being here for the evening :(   Here they are all dressed up.  I tried to get the quality a little better, but cell phone pictures just aren't that great.  Quite the variety of costumes!


Notice the "Halloween tree" in the background.  Jesi just loves to decorate for every holiday!  Cute idea.

And of course Schultz was ready for the evening!  He waited patiently for the trick-or-treaters to show up.


Another month comes to a close, I can't believe tomorrow starts november!

2 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, we have Halloween here too, but we don't seem to take it on like America... The photo's of the kids are really nice... That tree is also ready for Xmas..... Uh uh, don't mention that yet.... Love you XXXj

Anonymous said...

WHO ARE THESE BIG KIDS... ALMOST GROWN. ASHLEY LOOKS LIKE SARAH USED TO, LEVI LOOKS LIKE KEVIN, KATIE LOOKS LIKE YOU AND THE MONSTER MUST BE ODIN, SINCE HE WAS MISSING FROM PICT. SAW ALL YOUR BLOGS, VERY NICE. BFF