Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall

A few days ago I got busy and made applesauce from the rest of the apples that we picked. They produced a fairly large pot of applesauce and I got a few jars canned, though they probably won't last long because it came out quite tasty!


There was a little bit left over - not enough for another jar - it was better the next day when it was nice and chilled.


Because the weather has been much cooler and fall-like I've been ready to make a big pot of soup!  To me, that's just what fall is all about.  So I decided to make some taco soup and it turned out really tasty, just right for the cool weather.


I also brought out all of my fall decorations and put them up.  I thought everything looked so nice and festive, ready for the season.  After all, it is the middle of October!

Then today the temperature decided to head back up and we ended up in the mid-eighties! Not exactly my idea of fall!

2 comments:

MARION said...

yummmm, i have my own mason jar, just need you to fill it with applesauce. this weather is irritating, i got up to a chilly house, put on wool leggings, an undershirt and heavy sweater, went out, by noon i was sweating like a sinner in church!!! WISH IT WOULD MAKE UP ITS MIND, IS IT FALL OR SUMMER....BFF

john415 said...

Hi Jan, I know what you mean with the apple sauce not going to last long... I made 23 large jars of pickled onions... er, there are only 22 1/2 left now - I couldn't wait ha ha...

You will have to send me the recipe for taco soup, sounds good.. We don't get that over here... Mmmmm

Anyway, happy birthday to Marion, love you all, XXXj