Thursday, October 11, 2012

Staying Busy

Lots of activities have been going on and I have been staying busy.  As a result, my posts have been scarce.  There have been church rummage sales, apple picking outings, doctor appointments, sewing projects and more.

I do have some pictures taken during a few of these activities, so I thought I would just post some of them to show what I've been up to.

I've been working on purses for the granddaughters.


I found this great iron skillet for four dollars at the church rummage sale!  I love how deep it is.  I've made several really good dinners in it, including this chicken pot pie.  It turned out really good.


Apple picking was lots of fun, though we did miss Tara & Katie :(




We didn't take a ride but the girls had fun petting these huge horses and finding out lots of interesting information about them, including their very un-horselike names, Dick & Dan! No they aren't Clydesdales....they are Belgians.


Waiting in line to order lunch we had some good entertainment.


At home I got busy with some of the apples and put together some individual apple pies. Yummy!


I'll be making applesauce and canning it tomorrow.

And just for something different, we even went into the new Super Walmart to check it out.


And our approaching storm.


Just a few things that have been keeping me busy lately.


3 comments:

marion said...

video says unavailable bff

john415 said...

Hi Jan, video works here... Wow you have been busy... I just love your blue skies over there... It's been quite miserable here in the UK..

That skillet looks just the business, I guess you've nearly worn it out already ha ha...

Lovely seeing your blog updated again... Talk to you soon, love you all... XXXj

Janis said...

Hi John, I'm glad you got to hear the video. It seems like you are wanting the blue skies and I am wanting the overcast skies! I'm ready for some cooler weather. Hope all is going okay for you and yours.
Jan