Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Finished Project

I finally finished the project I have been working on.  It's a bag that I found the pattern for here.  Isn't it so nice that you can find so many free patterns of all kinds on the internet?  I thought this was a really cute design, and would come in handy for carrying books, papers, whatever you need to carry around with you.  As I tell my granddaughters, "you can never have too many totebags." And it's even better when they are homemade!

I made this one for daughter Jennifer, as she had mentioned that she needed something for carrying her various needed supplies back and forth to her classroom.

I actually expected this totebag to be a little bigger, judging from the picture that was displayed, but it is still a fairly decent size.

Anyway, here is how it turned out.



I really like how the colors contrast so well.  You can't tell too much from the picture but the light fabric is a kinda mint green with pink roses on it.  It was a part of a collection of matching fat quarters that I had in my fabric stash.

And here is a picture of the inside of the bag.  It has some decent sized pockets on both sides.


I had a lot of fun making it, and it was fairly easy and didn't take very long to put together. Jennifer was very happy with it!

And just for a different ending, here is a picture of the clouds outside tonight at sunset.


Lots of color!

2 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, what a snappy looking Tote bag... You ought to be doing this for a job.... Clever you....

What a lovely sunset.... The best sunsets here in the UK are to be seen in West Scotland.... I love a nice sunset do you Jan?

How is Steve now, did he get the problem sorted out?

Talk to you soon Jan, love you XXXj

Anonymous said...

just found out that in the south, that bag and any other one is called a poke. even a paper grocery bag is called a poke. have no idea why.
the picture didnt do it justice, its very cute. bff