Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Starting Out

I started on my first Christmas project today.  I've had this purse in mind for the granddaughters.  I thought I would make one for each of them, then find some fun goodies to put in them.

Here is a picture of the one that I have made so far.


I think it turned out cute, but I'm not as happy with it as I would like to be.  It came out smaller than I thought it would, and the top opening doesn't open as well as I would like. I'm thinking that it will be for the youngest, Katie.  Her little hands should fit inside fine.

Or, I may just start over and make a whole new purse!  Now that I know how to make them I can just cut the pieces of material bigger, change the way the handles are attached, and have what I want in a purse.

Really the problem wasn't with the pattern, which you can find here, it was the choice I made.  There were two styles to the design and I chose the second style, which is fine if you like it.  I just discovered, after I put it all together, that I didn't really care for that design.

So whichever way I decide to go, I'm going to finish off the purses with a cute little design of some sort attached to the band that's sewn around the purse.  If you follow the link above you'll see the cute little flowers that were attached to the purses that are displayed.  They really add to them.

Will let you know what I decide when I figure it out myself!

2 comments:

marion said...

perfect size for alice, bet she would sleep in it bff

john415 said...

Hi Jan, you have been busy - I didn't get a chance to look at your blog and now you have a couple of entries...

Christmas? I think I'm cancelling this year Jan - I don't know if your plan will work, still, good intentions and all that...

I hope it all works out for you all..

I hope Steve has good results when he sees the consultant... Love you all, XXXj