Monday, September 24, 2012

Making My List

It's almost October so time to really start thinking about Christmas.  Yes really!  Weren't we just thinking about Christmas 2011 a few minutes ago?  Anyway, that's how it feels to me.

So I have been giving some thought to my gift list and I think I have everything pretty much figured out.  That's good for me.  I'm not really a "shopper" so I usually just keep putting my Christmas shopping off because I hate going into stores and wandering around trying to find something, especially when I don't have any ideas of what I want.  I'm just not good at it!

This year, for awhile now, I have been actively working on ideas for everyone on my list, and I have many things that I've already bought, and stashed away.  So for me, this year, I am way ahead of my usual game.

Now I'm getting ready to start working on the projects that I'm making for the grandkids.  I have a bunch of ideas and patterns ready to go, so I am getting ready to bring out my sewing machine and start working.  That's the fun part for me.

My goal for this Christmas is to have everything ready to go and to be able to spend the last few weeks before Christmas just enjoying the season, instead of still worrying about those Christmas gifts that are still waiting to be bought or made!  That's what will make it an enjoyable Christmas to me.

So that's my Christmas plan, and maybe this year, I'll even be able to get the Christmas cards sent out!

And on a slightly different subject, yet still speaking of sewing projects, I just received this picture of the quilt daughter-in-law Jesi is putting together.  This is the finished top.


Really colorful, isn't it?  And how about that cute little boy peeking out?

And here's the full view.  If you notice the colors you'll see that it's a holiday theme quilt, with Christmas colors, Easter colors, 4th of July colors, etc.  Pretty cute idea.


Very nice, isn't it?  And she has really just started sewing!  Good job, Jesi!

1 comment:

john415 said...

Wow, beautiful workmanship... It's starting to get cold here now - we could do with a bedspread on top.... Brrrr winter's a coming... XXXj