Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dance Time

Granddaughter Katie wanted to try dance classes, so she went today for her first lesson. There were only three little girls in the class.  Katie was the only one who hadn't taken dance classes already.  They are all beginners, and watching them trying to learn the steps is really cute.

I didn't get to take such great pictures because I had to either take them through a window, or take them from the reflection on a mirror.  Not to mention that iphone cameras just don't do the job well!  I did get a few pictures though.

The first part of the class is ballet.  



I know it's really hard to tell but Katie is the furthest one over - and the tallest.  

She's trying to follow the teacher's lead!


It was hard for her to figure out how to keep her toes pointed.

After a half-hour of ballet they changed shoes and began a half-hour of tap.  They really liked hearing their shoes on the floor!


This time Katie is the one closest.  The third little girl was taking a break when I took this picture.  

When they were all finished with their lesson they each got a sticker for their efforts.  


She wanted to show me what her sticker looked like.  

Yes Katie really enjoyed the lesson and wanted to know if she could come back tomorrow! It looks like a fun new adventure for her.  Since she has never been to preschool we weren't sure if she would do well taking directions from a stranger...and she does have a mind of her own...so we just weren't sure.  

We'll see how things go next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didnt realize what that sticker was for. i thought it had something to do with the dance they were doing, part of their costume or something. i dont seem with it to much lately. call me marion

john415 said...

Wow, they sure look as if they are enjoying themselves... It's good to keep supple, it will help throughout life.. You want to see me dance, Fred Astaire eat your heart out - so ok I have two left feet but I try ha ha.... Barbara says that I'm a rubbish dancer. Oh well.....

By the way Jan I cooked the stuffed peppers yesterday... Not bad for first attempt - I have a few more peppers coming on to practice with ha ha.. I look forward to that.....

Linda said...

How cute! She looks adorable!