Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Finished Quilt & More Projects To Go


I just happened to have the camera on my phone handy and Schultz seemed to be posing.  I thought it turned out pretty well.  He looks like he's waiting for the answer to a question, doesn't he?  I took the picture using the closeup feature that my 9-year old granddaughter recently showed me how to use!  I didn't even know it was there until I saw her using it!

I finally finished the baby quilt I was making.  It turned out pretty well.  I made it all from left over material that I had in my stash.  I didn't realize that it would end up looking so red, white, and blue...but I do like the colors.  I went with the fields and furrows design because I thought it looked more girly than the all sevens design.  Here is the "finished" picture.


It's laying across the back of the couch, so it kinda looks like a seat cover.  It seemed to be the best way to get the whole quilt in the picture though.

Now that I have this project done Jennifer is standing in line for a tote-bag that she wants me to make for her!  I also have grandson Odin's birthday coming up and I hope I have enough time to make the checkers game for him.  The pattern doesn't look like it should be too difficult though.

Well, I did say I wanted to spend some time sewing once I was finished with school!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the quilt is beautiful and i am so happy that you did this for my new little cousin, it means a lot to me... jan you are not only talented and creative, you are also very thoughtful, loving and kind....it really touched me that you took the time to create this wonderful gift. im positive that little maya rose will use it for many many years, just like our boys did when you made theirs. unlike jason, she might give it up before age 12 haha. seriously thank you love marion

Anonymous said...

wow, when i got the secret word to type in to get my message posted, it was auntie...i love it! MARION

Linda said...

very beautiful quilt! I'm sure they will love it and it will be very useful in Colorado!

john415 said...

Jan, that's beautiful.. You are so talented..
I love the dog photo... Good news with Derek as well isn't it... Love John XXX