Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Some Interesting Info

It's official.  Unfortunately, the Thundershirt doesn't do anything for Schultz!  We have had several days of thunderstorms, and I have faithfully put the shirt on Schultz.  He still sits and shakes, shivers, pants heavily and drools everywhere!  He must be in with the 15% of dogs who don't respond...I don't know what to do for him now.  Maybe some earplugs!  I'm just glad we don't have these storms too often.

In other news, granddaughter Kayla went to her first music lesson at school.  She has decided that she wants to learn the violin!  She just had to call me and tell me all about it. She said the instructor told them about some of the music symbols and the music scales. She told me her teacher said her violin was a really nice one and then she told him that it was the same violin that her Uncle Jason and her grandma had played.  So now, of course, she wants to come over and practice with me!  I better get my other violin out and get up to speed!  She is really excited about starting lessons.  I hope she continues to enjoy it.  She is beginning to learn at about the same age as her Uncle Jason began, and on the same violin!

I have been busy doing lots of reading.  Just have been in one of my moods!  Mostly just the usual fiction, however, I did find an interesting book at the library on Lyme Disease.  I have been busy reading it, and learning a lot.  There are many different aspects of the disease and studies have shown that.  Even though there are so many studies out there, the disease is very controversial.  I did know that, however, reading this book & other research has shown me a lot more.  This has been keeping me busy and I have been learning a lot of useful information.  It helps me to know what is going on with Jennifer, so that is good.  It is a really insidious disease.

So that is what has been going on recently.  Since I haven't had any school deadlines looming over me it has been fun just reading for pleasure.  It's about time for me to get busy on some of the other projects I've had in mind, though, so that's what direction I hope to be heading towards.

2 comments:

john415 said...

Jan, I'm really glad that Kayla is to take up the violin... Apart from the musical enjoyment, it keeps fingers supple especially in later life.... Well done to Kayla... Do you play very well Jan? I would love to hear you play one day if you can... I might even get to hear a duet with you and Kayla.. That would be nice.... Love to you all XXX

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER HUGHES PRODIGY.... RAY WOULD BE PROUD.
DONT LET HER LOSE THAT VIOLIN !!! marion