Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Matter of Degree

I'm finally finished!  Yeahhh!

Today I officially finished my last class, and now have a Bachelor of Arts degree! - Well, that is, as soon as they send it to me!  I have been working toward this for a long time.  I can't believe I'm finally finished!  I don't know what I'm going to do with all my time now!  I'll think of something, though. 

As my classes end, the girls classes begin.  Today Kayla, Marissa, and Tara all started back to school.  I know it seems early, however, the school districts here have an unusual schedule.  This year the girls all got into a school with high academic standards, called a "magnet" school.  Magnet schools focus within a specific area, such as science, math, arts, etc., and their standards are much higher.  It is a great opportunity for all of them.  

Of course it was new to them and I think they were all a little nervous.  Here's a picture of Kayla and Marissa that I took while they were waiting for the day to start.


It will probably take a few days, but I think they will adjust.  

I didn't get to take a picture of Tara's first day because she goes to a different school, and I couldn't be in two places at once.  Their moms tried to get them all together in one school, but it didn't work.  Anyway, Tara's mom told me that one of Tara's friends from her old school is at the new school, so Tara already has one friend.  

So it has been a busy day today, and the next few days will probably be more of the same for the girls and their parents.  

Meantime, I'm gonna take a few days and rest up from all the work I put into that final paper!

7 comments:

john415 said...

Yippee... well done to you Jan.... Now, you can't sit back - you gotta do the MA to go with it... Gosh talk about me being a slave driver ha ha...

Anyway Jan, once more well done to you.. 10 gold stars........ XXX

Carol-Anne said...

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment and you should be very proud!

Liz Dillard :) said...

Congratulations sister!!!! I new you could do it, you should be proud of yourself that is a big accomplishment. Enjoy your time off, because I'm sure it wont be long and you will have another project in the works. GREAT job...I love You!!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! you worked hard for this and deserve it so much... CONGRATULATIONS
LOVE MARION

Linda Chastain said...

So glad you are done. I know you worked really hard to finish up. I'm very happy for you. I Love You!

john415 said...

Are you going to continue on for an MA eventually Jan? XXX

Janis said...

I don't know about the MA John. I am gonna take a break for right now, though. Maybe sometime down the line.