Friday, August 19, 2011

Quilting

I have been busy working on the baby quilt today and have come to one of the really fun parts.  In a nine -block, log cabin baby quilt, there are two different designs that can be used.  The fun part is figuring out which one looks the best.  Soooo, I have taken a couple of pictures to show the options.

The first design is called fields and furrows.


The second design is called all sevens.


This one gets finished with more red around all the edges and ends up framing each block.

This is going to be for a baby girl, and to me, one design just says girl more than the other.

So I think I know which one I am going to go with, however, just for fun, maybe I could get a few suggestions.  Which one?

Of course now that I have this one halfway done I am thinking I should have gone with a different quilt.  Since the parents-to-be are farmers, I'm thinking I should have made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt!

1 comment:

john415 said...

I like No2, the one you like. Of course they are both nice and they will like either one I'm sure Jan. XXX