Friday, July 1, 2011

The Oregon Trail

Wow, I didn't realize how long it has been since I was last here!  I have been so busy that the time has just flown by.

I have been on my computer somewhat, however, not as much as usual, as right now I am on vacation!  Jennifer, Kayla, Marissa and I are up in Oregon having lots of fun.  We drove up on Sunday, June 26.  We arrived at LuAnn's house, and have been constantly busy ever since.

LuAnn's nephew and his cousin have been visiting also and they have kept the girls busy swimming in the pool, playing ping pong, riding bikes, and playing Wii on the big screen TV.  They have been having lots of fun.


All four at the river today.

So far we have been to an old, still working, mill and museum,


and wandered through Jacksonville which is an old, very quaint town.

We also went to Harry & David's which is where LuAnn and Israel work.  It is a very large place and they have duck ponds, rose gardens, and a park.


Kayla & Marissa at the duck pond

Today since it finally stopped raining and we had some warm weather, we went to one of the local rivers.  It took us half of the day to pack up everything.  Finally we headed out for the day.

The water was cold, however, once we got there we enjoyed it.


Jennifer and Marissa headed out for a river rafting ride.  I couldn't see them but I heard them hollering a little way down the river when they hit the rapids!  They had a great time.

Then it was my turn.  It was a lotta fun!



Kayla decided she didn't want to go.  She's the cautious one!

We have done a lot and had lots of fun.  Tomorrow we plan on resting for the day.  We have all been running non-stop and it's time for a rest!

2 comments:

john415 said...

Wow what a great time you are having - you will need another holiday to get over it.. XXX

Anonymous said...

looks like lots of fun...so glad you are all having such a good time. miss you. love m