Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Some Random Music Thoughts

I am sitting at my computer desk working on yet another final paper.  Yes the time goes by quickly!

Anyway, I love sitting in here at this time of day because of my across-the-street neighbor. Every day at this time he practices his violin.  I love listening to it.  He doesn't play many actual songs, mostly he just has a way of playing the scales that sounds beautiful.

I love the strings instruments, violins, cellos, violas, bass, all of them. I love listening to Vivaldi.

My neighbor used to have a whole family full of children who played instruments and on quiet summer evenings when windows were open to let in a breeze, I could hear a whole orchestra practicing.  I kid not - he has raised about ten children!  There is only one left at home now, so no more concerts.  I did love to listen to them, though.

The practice does make me feel guilty though.  I have a violin sitting over in the corner which I haven't touched for many years!  I am sure I am very rusty - but maybe once I am finished with school I will pull it out of its case and see what happens!

So for now, I need to get back to that final paper - and open the window wider to let in more of those scales!

4 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, I too love Vivaldi... Please get your violin out and play it... You will get a good feeling when you get going again... It keeps your brain active as well... Love from the UK John. XXX

Anonymous said...

dont encourage her , john...youre accross the sea, im in screeching distance.

Janis said...

Hey! What is that supposed to mean??

john415 said...

Uh uh, sorry about that folks, didn't mean to start the next World War ha ha... XXX