Friday, June 3, 2011

Where Are My Posts?

I have been away from the site for a few days.  Sometimes things are just a little hectic around here!  One major reason for my lack of posting was my impending final paper!  I have been working furiously on it for days and have finally turned it in.  Yeahhh!  So glad to have that behind me.  Now on to the next class.  Only two more to go!

I had planned a family bar b que for Memorial Day.  I didn't realize that the family let me get everything together for the day, all the while planning a celebration of my birthday.  So I was surprised when cake, ice cream and birthday singing happened.  It was a fun day with lots of visiting, eating, and even a card game or two.  You can watch the girls sing for me here.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3MPCgJZvQw0#at=12  I noticed that I had to "drag" the video back to the beginning, as for some reason, it starts in the middle of the singing.

Today was a long drive to Thousand Oaks for a doctor's appointment.  We left early in the morning and returned after dark.  We did make a couple of fun side visits, though, so not all was drudgery.

In other news the foxtails have struck again!  This time poor Schultz has one in his ear, so off to the vets he goes tomorrow morning.  No wonder Kayla and Marissa jump back every time they see one close by!

Did I mention it has been a busy few days?

3 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, can you explain what Fox Tails are, I don't recognize the name, what do they look like? - do we have them here?

Hope all goes well with your paper...

Glad you had a nice Birthday.... XXX

Janis said...

Hi John. It is hard to describe foxtails so here is a link for you to read about them. http://uvhberkeley.com/index.php?Page=foxtails

I don't know if you have them there. The link has a picture, maybe once you see them you will know what they are. They cause lots of problems here.

I got my paper done and I got an A on it. Yeahh.

Janis said...

Hi again John. I just noticed that for some reason the link for foxtails doesn't work right. You can just copy and paste it into the address box, though. Hope you can read it okay.