Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Cat Story

No, I haven't abandoned my posting again.  I have been busy working on a quilting project and it has taken longer to finish than I expected.

The good news is that I am almost finished with it, just some hand sewing to finish up the binding.  I should be working on that right now, but I am ready to take a break from sewing since I've been sitting at my machine since I got home from church today.  So I've decided I'm done for the evening.  I'll have some pictures of the quilt to post as soon as it's finished.

Meantime, I thought I would share a little bit of everyday insanity with you.

Earlier, while I was busy working on the quilt, Mr. Nubbs the cat decided to start hollering for me to let him in the back door.  We have a cat door, so I just ignored him. I guess he didn't want to come in through the cat door though, because he just kept hollering at me.

I finally got tired of listening to him, got up, opened the door, and let him in.  Of course I reminded him that he could come in anytime he wanted without my help!

As soon as Mr. Nubbs walked in the door I could see that he had been outside pursuing his favorite activity - rolling in the dirt!  He walked into the kitchen, plopped down on the floor, and began cleaning himself, flipping dirt in every direction as he worked!  I hollered at him and told him he was making a mess everywhere, to which he just gave me a dirty look.  I kept hollering so he finally got up, gave me another dirty look and an indignant meow, then went through the cat door (the one he couldn't figure out earlier) back into the yard and began to roll in the dirt again!

Shortly thereafter he was back at the door hollering for me to let him in again!

2 comments:

Liz Dillard :) said...

That's a cat for ya...they have a mind of their own and will do what they darn well want to!!!!

Anonymous said...

actually, he knows what hes doing, he made you get up and let him in, he made you talk to him about making a mess, hes going in and out, interrupting you..... he doesnt have a problem, smart cat.
m