Monday, April 29, 2013

Birthdays On The Way

Time just flies by!  It seems like I just posted yesterday, yet here it is right at the beginning of May and I've only posted twice this month, the last time being two weeks ago!  I don't know where the time goes, wasn't it just Christmas??

Anyway I have been busy with granddaughters, projects, volunteer work, reading, doctor appointments, etc.  So it's about time to work on some blog posts!

I do have a few birthday's coming up so I have started some work on those projects.

Granddaughter Kayla's birthday comes first in May, so I have been busy working on her gift request. She's already told me what she wants! I'll put that picture up when I have it ready to go.

Meantime, about 2 weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to work on a table runner for spring - though it seems we have bypassed spring and gone straight into summer with temps in the 90's!  Anyway, I decided to make a "quilt as you go" runner out of scraps. I've looked at a few ideas on making them and decided to try one.

I thought I would make a beginner one for myself and if it turned out well I would then make one for the daughter-in-law who has the 2nd birthday in May.  It turned out to be a really easy project and I had fun making it. I was surprised that it took a bit longer than I thought it would to make, though.  I really like the way it turned out and I'm getting ready to make the birthday gift, second one.


I put it all together with a variety of quilting strips that I had left over.  They were all different sizes and colors. I didn't try to match them, only tried to make them all look "spring like."  I was a little concerned that it looked too much like Easter, but when I put the maroon binding on, it changed the whole color scheme, and toned down the "Easter" look.



And here is what the back looks like.


And now, back to the birthday projects!

1 comment:

MARION said...

YA ALL B SOOO TALENTID BFF