Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Aprons

Last weekend the girls were here visiting and they wanted to do some more sewing, so I brought out a project for them.

I had just bought some tea towels and intended to make aprons out of them, so I thought it would be a good project for the girls to work on.

They each picked out the towel they wanted to use and then, of course, we had to go to Joanne's to pick out some material for the apron pockets!

When we got back home I brought out my sewing equipment and they started to work on their aprons.  They both did almost everything themselves.  The only thing I helped them with was the rotary cutter....that's something I'm not ready for them to use yet!  I did also help them a little with the ironing. That long tie was a big ironing project for them and they needed a little help!

We spent most of the day working on the aprons.  The girls each took turns with me helping them, and by the evening they had their aprons finished.



Didn't they do a good job?  I think they're gonna be quilters!


3 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Peoples I'm back again - I have had so much on my plate lately with Barbara that I haven't been onto Afternoon tea... I have just read all the last posts and boy have you all been busy... Well done to the girls too Jan... Tell them I think they are brilliant sewers...

I hope you are all ok over there... It has been a week or three of bitter cold weather over here... We had one warm Spring day and that was it... It has been a very long winter... I hope it's warmer over there... Loving you all XXXj

Janis said...

Hi John, glad to hear from you. I've missed your comments. Hopefully you are slowing down a little. I think the girls are going to be great at sewing!

We are all doing okay here. I hope your weather warms up a little for you.

john415 said...

Hi again Jan - just read your comment... I don't know about slowing down - I think it's actually the reverse at the moment.. Barbara had a cyst removed from her back and it's all hospitals and doctors at the moment.. Still, she is recovering ok that's the main thing...

I love the sewing the girls are doing - I bet you are so proud aren't you? I would be.. Kids don't do so much these days do they?.... Give them my praise... Love you XXXj