Friday, June 22, 2012

The Wonky Quilt

Well I finally finished the wonky log cabin quilt that I have been working on.  I thought it turned out really well.  I didn't have enough black material for the backing so I pieced in a couple of different color strips.  I like the way that turned out also.

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.



I took the pictures in two different light areas, so they look a little different.  The top one shows off all of the bright colors better.  The blocks are made from all scrap materials.  I just pulled out pieces of material and used them whatever color or design they were.

And here is a picture of the pieced back.


I think I'm going to start being more creative with the backs of my quilts.  I like the way they turn out, even though it takes more time.

So I've finished with this one and have plans to make two more.  I hope to get started on them soon.

Even though it's a simple design, this is definitely one of my favorite styles of quilt!

2 comments:

john415 said...

Jan, that's a lovely quilt - 10 out of 10... You are very clever... I hope the next ones look as good....Lots of love XXXj

Janis said...

Thank you John. I really had fun making it. I used to try and match the colors when I made quilts but I have discovered that most of the time they turn out better if I just mix them up. I'm getting ready to start on the next one! Take care.