Monday, May 21, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Oldest granddaughter Kayla had her 10th birthday on the 15th of May.  It really doesn't seem possible!  It is, though, so we had a small get together for her.  It was quiet because no other cousins live nearby anymore (sigh).

She had requested that I make her a carrot cake, so I put that together for her earlier in the day.  I also made dinner for us, chicken taco salads.  The girls love them.


Right after they got here I let the girls call Katie and Tara on Skype so they could spend a few minutes chatting and tell Kayla happy birthday.  They always enjoy talking to each other, even though most of the time they are all busy running around, making silly faces, and more. Oh well, they do have fun.

After their Skype call was through we ate dinner, then put candles on the cake and sang happy birthday.





She had to add a silly face to this one! She must be worried about what is in her presents!


When she finally got to open her presents she got just what she was wanting.  Her own tablet!  Now maybe she will leave her mother's phone alone!  She does send me some sweet texts from it though, so I don't complain.

After the presents were opened we all had some carrot cake and ice cream, which was really good. Kayla liked it, which is good because she is very picky about her cake.

It was a small, quiet, but fun birthday.

1 comment:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, sorry I'm not up to date with comments, but I'd still like to wish Kayla a belated birthday wish.... She is very near my age now then... Lots of love to everyone from over the pond - XXXj