Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow-Day Sewing Lesson

I know, I've been slow with the posts lately!  I don't really have a decent excuse, though I have been busy spending time visiting grandkids in Utah.  We've been back home for a few days now and are slowly getting back into our routine.

It snowed most of the time while we were in Utah.  Here is a video I took.  It was really a pretty view, just too cold though!


One of those snow days I decided to give Tara a sewing lesson.  She has her own little Hello Kitty sewing machine that she hadn't used yet, so I got the okay to help her use it for the first time.

Since her mom sews, Tara was fairly familiar with how things worked, so she got the idea quickly.  Her mom found some material scraps to use and I showed her how to put a doll quilt together.  She did a really good job.

I thought Tara's sewing machine would be good for her to learn on, however, the speed on the machine didn't adjust very well and it sewed fairly fast.  It wouldn't slow down!  She did adjust to it pretty well though.  Must be from watching her mom all these years!



Anyway, we had a fun day learning and now Tara says she's ready to sit and sew with her mom!



1 comment:

MARION said...

well, its official, she has now outgrown me mentally, functionally,mechanically. intellectually. and before next year she ll be taller than me...another hughes child wonder.

she did a good job, soon she ll be making her own clothes.

youre a good grammy bff

ps while i remember i used my tea cozy this am and of course lester had to have a turn with it. i read it to him ... he said huh?