Monday, February 25, 2013

Mug Rugs

Since returning from the Utah grandkids, I have been working on a few different projects. One project I wanted to work on was to make a little something for granddaughters Kayla and Marissa for valentine's day.  So I looked online to see what I could find.

While visiting with the granddaughters, it's always fun to sit down and enjoy a tea party together, so when I found a pattern for a "mug rug" online I thought it was the perfect project. (Here's the free pattern by Debbie Taylor) What is a mug rug?  Well it's a small placemat that's used for setting your tea (or hot chocolate) mug on.  If you have  cookies with your tea, they can sit on your placemat also.  When I saw the pattern I just had to make them!


This is my version and I thought it turned out really cute.  I liked them so well that I even made one for Kayla and Marissa's mom, and then one for the bff.

I found the really cute valentine material at JoAnn's half-off because it was so close to valentine's day. Some of that material ended up not being what I thought it was.....but that's another story!

All-in-all, though, I was happy with the results and had a lot of fun making them.


2 comments:

marion said...

the bff loves her tea cozy and has to share it with baby brother. he likes to have me read the candys to him while we drink our tea.
what was not mentioned on your blog, is the fact that those valentine candys are not the regular lovey dovey ones ...... heres what they say

4 never yeah right dream on luv stinks no way
lester thinks this is hilarious.
he needs his own, with cowboys,hint hint bff

Janis said...

That material just wasn't what I thought it was! Still, the mug rugs turned out cute!