Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thirty Years

I don't believe my "baby" turned 30 on Tuesday!  In honor of the event we had a small birthday dinner / get together for him on Monday since that's his day off.

The "birthday boy" came over in the early afternoon and helped to cook his own dinner!  He peeled and sliced apples for his birthday pie and helped make the pie crust.  He also peeled potatoes and mashed them when they were ready, then sliced the roast when it was done. After all that work, he even loaded the dishwasher!  We had an enjoyable time working together though, and I don't think he minded, as he enjoys cooking and baking - and giving his mom a hard time while at it!

In between all of the work, everyone spent time visiting.  The girls of course, were busy playing inside and out.  It wasn't too cold outside so they could go out and play on the patio.  When they are all four together they always keep themselves entertained - and without much conflict, mostly!

We ate dinner fairly early, and everyone was too stuffed to have the birthday pie and ice cream right away.  The girls wanted to give presents, so Jason opened his gifts.

We got the girls to sit with Jason and took some pictures.  I love my iphone, except for the camera!  It's picture taking ability leaves much to be desired.  I have been in the habit of using the iphone camera because it's so easy to send pictures from.  From now on I am gonna pull out my "real"camera. Jennifer took some pictures also and I wanted her to send me some, however, she used her iphone also and they weren't much better.  So these posted pictures leave much to be desired.



Blurry, blurry!  Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me and Jennifer?

Jason finally got to have a few quiet minutes to drink a hot cup of coffee and relax.


It was getting late by the time everyone left.  The girls had school the next day and it probably wasn't very easy to get them up in the morning!

Good thing they all live close by and no one had a long drive home.

P S  Here is a picture from the party that Jennifer just sent me.  It turned out pretty good so wanted to add it to the post.

3 comments:

john415 said...

Hi Jan, sorry not to have commented on the last two posts - I did read them, but I have been a bit tied up and didn't get round to writing.... Give belated birthday wishes from us...

The decorating here is going slow - I had a few problems I didn't anticipate, and also I have a leak in the roof now to attend to... It's all or nothing eh?

Well, back to the paintpot - Love you loads. XXX

Janis said...

Hi John, It sounds like you are staying busy. Hope your decorating turns out well for you.

Anonymous said...

thank you for having him and raising him for me, he turned out great. m